Our client, an environmental solutions company is looking to recruit an experienced Class 1 driver (ADR) to join their team in Rochester.
Hours of work will be 12 hour night shifts – Monday to Friday starting around 4.00/5.00pm each evening.
Key Deliverables /Duties and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety commitment to ensure that the corporate PROUD ethos is visible and promoted throughout all activities carried out.
- Ensure you carry out duties safely and compliantly
- Ensure correct PPE worn on site at all times
- Ensure vehicle safety equipment is used at all times when loading or unloading
- Report any issues related to safety immediately to line or site management
- Report any near miss/accidents/incidents/non-conformance
- Ensure all waste collections are carried out in accordance with company procedures (including using PDA) and legislation to ensure all revenue is captured
- To collect Customers waste in a safe and professional manner
- To complete all work related paperwork in full and hand in at the end of the shift
- To carry out vehicle checks before and after each shift
- To report any non-conformities/near misses to line manager
- To drive in compliance with the Highway Code and ADR law
- To report vehicle defects to your line manager/site management
- To work alongside other operational team members to ensure operational efficiency is maintained
- To load and unload waste from company vehicles, including wheeled containers and/or primary packaging’s and to do this in line with company procedures & polices
- To adhere to all site rules whether on Tradebe or customers sites
- To attend team briefings/drivers meetings etc.
- To be smart and presentable at all times by wearing clean & correct company uniform
- To be professional at all times when on customers site’s
- To report any issues on return to site during driver de-brief
- To contact site during the shift about any possible issues or delays resulting in missed collections
- To keep all vehicles assigned to you clean and tidy
- To refuel all assigned vehicles at the end of the shift
- Not to over load vehicle
- Ensure that all loads are secure and safe before travel
- Not to mix load waste without proper segregation
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer relations.
- Correct Licence for the type of vehicle required to drive
- Driver qualification (CPC) card – if applicable
- Understanding of EU Driver & Working time laws
- ADR qualified
- Experience in handling waste (Healthcare & Hazardous waste desirable).
- Use of hand held devices .e.g. PDA or similar
- Good knowledge road traffic laws
- Knowledge of the UK road network.
- Knowledge of the waste industry (Healthcare & Hazardous waste desirable).
Qualifications and Experience
- HGV driving Licence
- Possession of ADR Class 6.2 (minimum), is preferable however training will be provided if necessary.
- Driving of HGV vehicles in built up / local / country areas
Please submit your CV for consideration to: email@example.com
- Job Number: 1418
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Rochester
- Salary: TBA