We now have an exciting opportunity for a Line Leader/ Machine Operator (Nights) to join our client based in Teynham, Kent.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading, motivating and organising an individual production line to ensure daily production targets (efficiency & yield) are achieved and customer orders are fully satisfied to the highest quality standards
- Ensuring adherence to both company policy and all laws and regulations pertaining to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Promoting a Health & Safety, quality focused and driven culture and to monitor your work area to ensure the workplace is safe and a ‘clean as you go’ policy is maintained at all the times
- Ensuring all daily checks and documentation are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Including line safe start up checks, handover, H&S and Fire Register
- Providing communication to all concerned as required, making sure detailed handovers are provided
- Liaising with the packaging team to ensure that all labels and packaging are on the line and ready to use in good time before job is ready, avoiding downtime and loss in productivity due to incorrect labels or packaging issues
- Deputising for the Shift Operation Leader when needed
Please note that the shift for this role is working a 4 on 4 off rota – 7pm to 7am.
Skills and Experience required:
- Line leader or Machine Operator experience in a produce company
- Ability to lead and coach colleagues skilled and unskilled
- Experience of working to targets and ensuring your team meet targets
- Ability to work in an accurate and methodical manner
- Able to develop good working relationships with a variety of colleagues both internally and externally
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If you are interested in this role please send your CV for consideration to Emma@connectpersonnel.co.uk
We will only contact applicants that are shortlisted for the role.
If you require more information please contact us or pop in our Sittingbourne Branch, located on 17 West Street, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 1AJ.
- Job Number: 1555
- Job Type: Both
- Location: Teynham
- Salary: £9.33 per hour